I had a great conversation with a friend today and he shared something very profound so I will quote him. We were talking about how there have been moments in life when things aren’t quite on track according to me and I wonder what is taking Papa so long to deal with things or answer prayer. What he said was really simple and at times would seem cliché but it created a lot of traction for me.
“Never doubt His love for you…at times we see the mountains rather than the God of the mountains. Even if He is silent He is there, maybe waiting for a faith action or just quiet so that you may draw closer to Him to hear His still small voice. But yet that question we all ask ourselves, is because He is working in & on & through us; the size (of the challenge) will grow bigger because you have graduated from baby school but He doesn’t bring anything your way your way you can’t handle.”
As usual it got me thinking and I do agree with him. This conversation brought different scriptures of promise to mind:
- Jer 29:11 – For I know the plans I have for you, plans for good and not for evil to give you a future and a hope
- Deut 8:18 – remember the Lord your God for it is He who give you the ability to produce wealth
- Ps 24 – 1The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; 2 for he founded it on the seas and established it on the waters.
- Heb 11:35 – for I will never leave you nor forsake you says the Lord
- 1 Cor 10:13 – No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
- Job 8:7 – Your beginnings will seem humble, so prosperous will your future be.
- Mark 11:23 – “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them.
There are so many more verses in scripture that would provide the needed boost on a low day. The thing to do is to immerse ourselves in the word and prayer to be strengthened and renewed.