There are times when I want the full picture from God so that I know where I am going and exactly how to get there but He isn’t always that lenient with me. Well, He’s never that lenient with me especially in this season.
The question He keeps asking me is, ‘Do you trust me?’ and I always answer ‘Yes I do.’
However, here is the flip side, if I trusted Him as much as I say I do, would I want all these upfront answers or would I be cool to know He is in control and it is all well? Now here is the big question, ‘Do I really trust Him?’ Indeed it is a big question that I have to answer honestly.
He has had me make a few ‘drastic’ moves off late that look like foolishness to some. They are moves that can only be made based on trust in Him because they have the power to sink me or make me rise into who He says I am in Him. I battled with them a little before realising it was useless to contend with God. There were key lessons for me to learn and I could learn them now or keep coming back to the same place to learn the same lessons. So I made the choice I needed to make and yes, I do trust Him.
- If He asked you to leave your job with no knowledge of another source income, would you?
- If He asked you to come away and be separate with no human contact for a period, would you?
- If He asked you to give away all your possessions and follow Him, would you?
- If He asked you not to speak to someone for an extended period would you?
- If He asked you to be single and celibate for the rest of your days would you?
- If He asked you to get married to someone you have just met after telling you He is your partner for life, would you?
- If He asked you to leave a thriving business and go into employment, would you?
- If He asked you to leave the land of your birth and go to another land without contacts or work, would you?
- If He asked you leave a good job and trust his provision, would you?
This God we serve is a wise God. He’s all about proving Himself and providing for His children but He doesn’t tell us the full story because He knows we might bolt. He knows we are likely to balk and not leave so He gives us just as much information as we need. Have you ever wondered what it was like for Job to lose everything he had in one sitting except this wife? He lost 7000 sheep, 300 camels, 500 yoke oxen, 500 female donkeys and 10 children. Yet he never cursed God. He asked questions but by the time he was through he had a deeper faith in God and that was all God wanted from him.
So back to me; I have always wanted to know the full road map so that I can navigate the path faster and smoothly. I guess you can tell that hasn’t been my process. Has He given me wisdom? Absolutely! Has it been at the pace I want? Absolutely not! Did I get worked up? Definitely, especially in the beginning! Is there another way out? I recently discovered that there is.
In the last few weeks, I have come to understand that I must make a demand of the God that is in line with His desires for me. The only way I can do that is if I spend time with Him. Spending time with Him daily gives me the wisdom I need for the day and that is what I can live out with total confidence that it is well. That is I must seek God for the next step, then the next step, then the next step.
Walking with Him, one step at a time.
So this is what I have decided to do from now on…just ask for the next step. The full prophetic revelation is really cool but the daily instruction grounds me in His word and purpose. I choose daily instruction! What about you?