Today a song we used to sing in Sunday school from Kid’s Praise resonates in my heart.
In everything give thanks, in every situation, lift your voice and sing, and praise him from the heart
Sing a song of praise, when you’re in a pickle, sing it loud and strong, and praise with all your heart
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord, rejoice and sing and shout hallelujah
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord, kick up your heels and sing
Amen hallelujah, rejoice and sing, shout hallelujah
Amen hallelujah, kick up your heels and sing.
It is Christmas time and I am thinking about thanksgiving and gratitude this time. It has been quite a year but there is so much to be thankful for that I can only list some of them.
- I am thankful for songs I learnt in my youth that continue to resonate in my heart today and give me strength
- I am thankful for all the things that didn’t work out in 2014 because they helped me see where I needed help and helped me grow.
- I am thankful for the joys I experienced in 2014 because my heart is lighter and I know new sources of strength
- I am thankful for the lack I have been through because it has helped me differentiate needs and want more clearly
- I am thankful for the sadness and pain because I have learnt compassion and empathy
- I am thankful for the encouragement because I know I am human and I need people
- I am thankful for family because I have come to know unconditional love and acceptance
- I am thankful for 2014 because without it I wouldn’t be the person I am today so I wouldn’t be ready to face 2015 head on
- I am thankful for the presence and love of God because it has healed me, taught me, led me, lit my path, opened my eyes, given me hope, brought light to the world around me.
- I trust you are thankful too and challenge you to write out at least five things you are thankful for.