60 Arise, shine;
For your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.
2 For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, And deep darkness the people; But the Lord will arise over you, And His glory will be seen upon you.
3 The Gentiles shall come to your light, And kings to the brightness of your rising.
Isaiah 60:1-3 (NKJV)
The glory of the Lord only rests on one who is fully devoted to Him and makes time for Him on a consistent basis. He is looking for people who will take time even in the middle of daily tasks and assignments to seek His face and consult Him how to deliver things above and beyond the abilities of man.
Moses in Ex 33, pleaded for the people, pitched his tent outside the camp where he could spend time with God uninterrupted. In response, anyone who needed to meet with God went outside the camp to that tent…the one Moses set up. Additionally, whenever Moses went into the tent, the pillar of cloud moved to rest on the tent and God would descend then the people would all stand at the doors of their tents and watch. They didn’t participate much just watched as God met with Moses.
So I wondered to myself, what would my life need to become for and to God, not man, that would attract His presence in such a way that it would change me within so radically that I would ooze him to the rest of creation? I had done all the usual things over the years and had all the lingo right and all the words on point but alas after a while it would all stall!
You see, only a continual radical shift to total reliance on and devotion to God attracts Him to reside. I did not want just a visit. I didn’t want to go to fellowship and feel the goose bumps and then walk out and become the same old girl I was before I went in. I needed Him to come and take up residence within me and meddle with everything until it was the way He wanted it to be and keep meddling so I would be continually growing. So I asked one big, question:
What would attract my Father in heaven in such a way that my life would be permanently changed?
He said one word…Process. Yeah, you can roll your eyes at that word but it is the heart of walking with God because there are things to unlearn, things to deepen, things to walk away from and others to just become. There is a process:
- Arise: Hear and respond to this voice; the call from God to salvation and a walk with Him: Get up, acknowledge Him as Lord, get to know Him; understand His voice, heart, mind and way then begin the walk and remain devoted to the walk no matter what.
- Shine: Shift so totally that it is evident to others even without opening my mouth that I am different; to be so devoted to His word that my life speaks better and greater than I could ever plan to because HE is at work in me consistently.
- The light has come: Have a source of illumination and understanding that is only possible in and with God; know the seasons and times and respond aright; know the mind and heart of God and understand how to bring His realities to life on earth.
- The glory comes: As a vessel growing and learning to live only for the King, the Spirit enables me to make room for and broadcast only Him; the simplicity of my walk in Him and the depth of relationship with His word becomes the proof and portal for His visible, tangible presence.
- Kings come to the rising: The move of God is complete and now others can see Him and be drawn to the expression of Him in me and not me.
This rising isn’t about me showing earthly influence and power. It is premised on full fidelity to the plan of God as HE has revealed to me in His word to my spirit before the foundations of the earth. It is about a transformation of heart, mind and spirit by His hand and my obedience. It is all about bringing Him glory and praise.
How I pray my life becomes this expression every day in every way.