This photo reminds me of elegance, grace and beauty.
I love the reminder that I am important in God’s Scheme of things and that He did so much for me to be His Child.
For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of His government and peace
There will be no end,
Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,
To order it and establish it with judgment and justice
From that time forward, even forever.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.
Sometimes all you need is to know that someone wants to be around you and loves you. Sometimes God seems so far away that it never makes sense to feel his love. I want to feel his love as it is really there however there are days I wonder what I need to do to make my life better.
Recently I came face to face with a series of major challenges and I could not take another step forward. I was in the midst of work and the only way to go on was to connect with people I know have been planted in my life for my good. However, I wasn’t sure how to tell them what I was feeling and what I needed. Then in the middle of the hardest moment two of my friends called to say they had been thinking of me and felt the need to find out how things are. Wow…this was astounding because it was in minutes of telling Father that I could not do this anymore.
I am reminded of the scripture Isaiah 65:24 (NKJV) “ It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer; And while they are still speaking, I will hear.” This became my reality. Even as I did different things and faced different pressures I had answers at the appointed time. Initially I did not really see where it was coming from but as the week progressed and the solutions came more often I realised with renewed understanding that it had less to do with me and more to do with Father.
Daily I desire to walk in this knowledge and confidence and I pray for help from Father to be consistent in my walk. Come walk with me as we discover daily, moment by moment how close and dear He is to us.
Can it be that I am not sure of the path ahead? I have been called to walk a road I have never been on before and in moments of weakness I totally freak out and want to run in the opposite direction. Then I stop and ask myself, what am I running away from and what am I running towards? Isn’t it better to be in the will of God than on a road with no guaranteed result?
Recently I was reminded by a friend that God is all-knowing and He is able to get me to the other end of the line alive, well and with impact. Then I found others in the Bible who tried to run and did not get very far. There is Isaiah, Moses and Jeremiah. For now we will look at Jeremiah.
Jeremiah was a young man when he was called by God to do his will and speak out and be his prophet. Critical aspects were pointed out today that helped me think things through.
- The word of the Lord came to Jeremiah (Jer 1:4-5) – God sat with him, chatted and reminded him that his destiny was preset even before he was born. It was set in advance…he was set apart. Imagine that about yourself…you are set apart. I am set apart…I am important…I have a very special purpose for my entry into this earth.
- Jeremiah responded in fear (Jer 1:6) – he said “I do not know how to speak, I am only a child.” This was his perception of himself. His perception is determined by the atmosphere he was raised in and he subsisted in. It was not the right perception because it was not God’s perception and he needed to align his perception with God’s.
- God’s word comes again with admonition (Jer 1:7) – “do not say….” God clearly gives directions about the way forward. “You MUST go to everyone I send you to and say what I command you.” In the midst of all this is the reminder that “He knew me before I was knit in my mother’s womb…” He was sad with the fact that jeremiah was getting caught up in the current situation and forgetting that he had divine backing. He still gets disappointed when we do not tap into His view of us and the realities attached to certainty that he is the one who orders our steps.
- God’s comfort (Jer 1:8) – “Do not be afraid of them for I am with you and will rescue you.” Wow. Assurance of support and sustenance in the midst of all that is going on around him. Then God reached out and made the needed change by touching the vessel he would work through…Jeremiah’s mouth. He made the ‘faulty’ part whole. After this Jeremiah saw and heard and responded to God with ease and confidence.
- Final admonition (Jer 1:17) – “Do not be terrified of them or I will terrify you before them.” He demands total trust, devotion and commitment and it means that there is nothing that is impossible with God. In other places He says He will shun anyone who shuns him. Double wow.
For me this means that I need to connect again and again with my preset destiny and keep the word that has been spoken over my life front and centre so I am always in view of it. Deut 11:18-21 says: 18-21 Place these words on your hearts. Get them deep inside you. Tie them on your hands and foreheads as a reminder. Teach them to your children. Talk about them wherever you are, sitting at home or walking in the street; talk about them from the time you get up in the morning until you fall into bed at night. Inscribe them on the doorposts and gates of your cities so that you’ll live a long time, and your children with you, on the soil that God promised to give your ancestors for as long as there is a sky over the Earth. (The Message).
This resounded in my heart because I realised how close I need to keep the word of God. What has and is God saying to me about my life and the new road I need to follow? I must think about 8….whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Eph 4:8-9. The caution is that the greatest thing He ever said about me is the fact that He wants me to love Him above all else and be committed to Him and not the things that He can provide for me. He desires me to love Him for Him and not His hand.
I am dumbfounded…however, I know that God is in control and He knows what is going on and will stand with me all the way. I on the other hand must listen to Him and accept like Mary what He has said about me as true. I believe and know that in the midst of it all Christ is my Rock and the Banner over me and I cannot be lost unless I walk away from Him.
Remember His word and keep it in close view and easy reach.